Just as a tune-up for your car can improve the way it runs as well as its gas mileage, an HVAC tune-up can improve the efficiency and comfort of your system. But what exactly does an HVAC tune-up entail? A typical Green Horizon tune-up includes the following:
- Check thermostat and measure the temperature differential
- Check and Operate unit for correct and safe functioning. Make sure system starts, runs and shuts off properly.
- Inspect equipment – electrical connections, furnace heat exchanger, gas valve – to ensure safe connections. Faulty connections can be a fire hazard.
- Measure the amp draw for motors and test capacitors to ensure optimal performance. Faulty connections can cause unsafe operation of the HVAC system.
- Lubricate motors as needed. Well-lubricated motors prevent friction, allowing your system to operate more efficiently, thus saving you money.
- Inspect the condensate drain and pump performance.
- Check duct work for leakage, mold, possible damage and air flow.
Getting regular HVAC tune-ups is important to protect your investment. In fact, your HVAC system is usually one of the largest home investments. Protect your investment and ensure indoor air quality and comfort by booking a HVAC tune-up today! And as an incentive, for a limited time, Green Horizon is offering a $49 HVAC tune-up special. Call today for more details or to schedule your tune-up.