One of the worst things that can happen in winter is for your furnace to break down. You can avoid emergency calls and costly repairs by scheduling routine furnace tune up and maintenance appointments. Call One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning for help.
Here in Zebulon, NC, the temperatures can fall quickly in winter, which means you need a furnace you can rely on to keep you and your family warm, healthy and comfortable. If you’ve never had your furnace serviced, now’s the time to do it before winter comes and it’s too late.
Want to know more about One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning? Check out our about us page and call us for an appointment.
Is Your Furnace Failing? Here Are 5 Signs You Need a Furnace Replacement
Getting a new furnace isn’t something anyone looks forward to; it’s a big expense and interrupts your daily life. However, sometimes your furnace just can’t provide the comfort and heat it used to, and it’s time to upgrade. Here are 5 telltale signs you need a new furnace.
- The Age: If your furnace is 15 years or older, it’s time to think about a newer, higher efficiency furnace.
- Increase in Energy Bills: A steady or sudden increase in your heating bill is a sign your furnace is on its last legs and you’re better off getting a new unit which will save you money.
- Frequent Repairs: The older a furnace gets, the more frequent are the repairs. When you’re repairing your furnace every year, you’re better off putting that money towards a new, more reliable unit.
- Unusual Sounds: If your furnace makes grinding or whining sounds, or if it turns on and off frequently, it’s a sign you need a new unit.
- You’re Not Comfortable: Do you find that no matter how you set the thermostat, you can’t get comfortable? If so, it could be a sign your furnace is giving out and can’t evenly heat your home anymore.
Tune Up Your Furnace to Maintain Efficiency
One way to ensure your furnace runs when you need it, and lasts as long as possible, is to keep it maintained. Most experts recommend calling a heating contractor once a year and getting a furnace tune up and maintenance package. Do this in the fall to ensure your furnace is ready to go in winter so you won’t find yourself without heat during the cold spells. A well-maintained furnace runs more efficiently, saves you money on your energy bills, and ensures the furnace lasts a long time.
Wondering if we’re the right heating contractor for you? Check out our customer reviews and call us for an appointment.
Is It Better to Repair or Replace Your Furnace?
Since a new furnace is a big expense, most people would rather repair the one they have, but sometimes, replacement is the best financial option. Replace your furnace if:
- The cost of the repair is 50% or more than the cost of a new unit
- You’re repairing your furnace more than usual
- A new, higher efficiency furnace will save you money on your energy bills
Winter is no time to find out your furnace isn’t up to the task of keeping you and your family warm and comfortable. Call One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning at the first sign of trouble at 919-323-8705 in the Zebulon, NC area.