Are your energy bills higher than they should be? Your attic’s poor insulation could be the culprit. Call One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning and ask us about our attic insulation installation service.
Most people don’t realize it, but estimates say as much as 40% of your home’s energy is lost due to air infiltration which happens because of poor insulation. Having inadequate insulation is throwing money out the window by paying high energy bills. At One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning, our experts will assess your attic insulation and tell you if you need to upgrade.
Still not convinced we’re the insulation contractor for you? Check out what our customers are saying about us and then call for an appointment.
Does Your Insulation Need Replaced? Here are 5 Signs That Say, YES!
If your attic doesn’t have adequate insulation, it can spell trouble for your entire home. Not only do you experience drafts and rising energy bills, but the temperatures can fluctuate wildly. Here are 5 signs you need to beef up your insulation.
- Sporadic Temperatures: If your home’s indoor temperature is tough to control, it’s a sign that your insulation isn’t up to snuff.
- High Energy Bills: If your energy bills seem high for what you’re using, it could be poor insulation that’s causing energy to escape.
- Rodent Infestation: Sometimes animals like rats, bats or birds get into the attic and leave waste.
- Insulation is Wet: If your insulation gets wet because of a roof leak, you can’t save it and it needs replacing.
- Drafts: If your home feels unusually drafty, it’s likely due to poor insulation.
Why Spray Foam Insulation Works
If you’re accustomed to traditional insulation laid down in rolls, it might surprise you to find out that spray foam insulation is superior and can save you money on your heating and cooling bills. Spray foam closes off the tiny nooks and crannies that other insulation misses and provides a better seal against air infiltration. And, according to the US EPA, the average homeowner can save up to 20% on their energy bills by adding insulation that seals air leaks.
Want to know more about us? Check out our about us page!
What You Don’t Know About Your Crawl Space Can Hurt You
Most people don’t give their crawl spaces a second thought, but neglecting this part of your home can cause problems for your home and your family. Your crawl space could have these problems you’re not aware of.
- Moisture that leads to mold and mildew buildup
- Standing water can cause issues with the foundation
- Moisture problems also lead to the house settling
If you suspect your home has mold or moisture issues, the culprit could be in your crawlspace. Call us and ask about our crawl space repair services right away.
Don’t waste money on too high energy bills or allow mold to affect your family! Call One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning in the Wake Forest, NC area at 919-323-8705 and ask about our spray foam insulation or crawl space encapsulation services.