Is there too much moisture in your crawl space? Call us at 336-560-3573 for expert Burlington insulation & crawl space repair, installation & replacement.
With the high humidity levels and the changing temperatures in Burlington, NC, you may have noticed a few problems with your crawl space. Perhaps rodents and insects have made your crawl space their new home. Or maybe you’ve seen scary-looking mold growing in your old, dirty insulation. We can help with high quality insulation replacements and crawl space repair.
One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning ’s team of crawl space and insulation experts are here to offer you unbiased, professional advice and service. Our Whole Home Promise ensures that any repair or installation we do will benefit your entire home and increase overall efficiency; we don’t treat any home system in isolation.
Visit our reviews page and see what our customers are saying about us.
The Importance of Maintaining Your Crawl Space
Since a crawl space is the barrier between the great outdoors and the main level of your home, it’s important to keep this area in good condition. Any problems within the crawl space such as excessive moisture, mold, mildew, or poor insulation will affect the rest of your home:
- Too much moisture can create wood rot, or buckling hardwood floors.
- Mold or mildew growth can carry odors and spores inside your home and affect overall air quality.
- Poor insulation allows cold air to enter your home in the winter making your furnace work harder; conversely, in the summer, your AC system is in overdrive trying to keep your home cool.
Need quality crawl space services? Give us a call and start discussing your options today.
Factors to Consider When Selecting a Type of Insulation
There are many different types of insulation to choose from including fiberglass, recycled cellulose and cotton batt, and high-grade spray foam. Here are a few factors our experts will consider when helping you select the right insulation installation to choose:
- The type, thickness and condition of any existing insulation.
- The layout, design and materials used to build your home.
- The condition, efficiency and size of your existing HVAC systems.
- Any specific concerns or issues you are having.
- Your budget.
Save your hard-earned money by getting One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning’s selection of coupons and exclusive offers.
How Moisture Creeps into a Crawl Space
There are several ways moisture can enter a crawl space. In our years of experience, here are the most common ways:
- Temperature fluctuations. Whenever cool and warm air meet, moisture is created (and unfortunately stays).
- Leaking water. Leaking overhead plumbing or drainage pipes can cause water damage.
- Improper grading. Water from the outside seeps into your crawl space from improper drainage. This often occurs if your crawl space is below grade.
If moisture has entered your crawl space, there are variety of ways we can help including crawl space sealing and vapor barrier services.
Burlington Insulation and Crawl Space Services
- Sealed crawl spaces
- Vapor barriers
- Professional drainage
- Spray foam insulation
Don’t let your Burlington, NC crawl space turn into a haven for moisture and pests. Call One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning today at 336-560-3573 to reach our team of crawl space and insulation experts.