A new heat pump from Green Horizon One Hour can reduce your electricity usage by up to 50%.
Benefits of a heat pump:
- Doesn’t require gas service.
- Most efficient way to heat your home.
- Lifetime warranty on Amana’s compressor.
- The Assurance of our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and Whole House Promise
No Obligation FREE Heat Pump Estimates – CALL 919-321-9985
You’ll always be greeted by a real human being when you contact Green Horizon One Hour. Any time, day or night. We’re always on time, or you don’t pay a dime. We’ll be there when we say we will. That’s a promise!
A heating system is designed with your home in mind. We’ll ask a lot of questions and give you options from a simple replacement to revolutionizing your home’s efficiency. You’re always in control.
Warm In The Winter…Cool In The Summer
For climates with moderate heating and cooling needs, heat pumps offer an energy-efficient alternative to furnaces and air conditioners. Like your refrigerator, heat pumps use electricity to move heat from a cool space to a warm space, making the cool space cooler and the warm space warmer.
Heat pumps move heat rather than generate heat. They can provide equivalent space conditioning at as little as one quarter of the cost of operating conventional heating or cooling appliances.
No Surprise Pricing
A new heat pump is big decision. At Green Horizon One Hour, we provide all cost estimates upfront before any work is done. We’ll install or repair your heat pump for the quoted price. No hidden fees or charges. Only 100% Satisfaction. Guaranteed.
All our recommendations are covered by our Whole House Promise to ensure your heat pump runs more efficiently than your current system, or you get your money back.
Be sure to check out the benefits our Top Gun Club receive. It’s the best way to keep your new furnace running for years to come.
Green Horizon One Hour offers a Lifetime Warranty on all Amana compressors.
Heat pumps have many parts, but the compressor is one of the most important. The compressor is “the heart” of your entire heat pump system. It pumps the refrigerant which provides your warm or cool air.
For as long as you own your home, we guarantee all Amana compressors for a lifetime of quiet and efficient operation. If for whatever reason your Amana compressor breaks down, we’ll replace it for free!
Call or email. Our staff will promptly reply and get your heat pump repair scheduled.
Efficient Home Heating
Today’s air-source heat pump, which transfers heat between your house and the outside air, can reduce your electricity use for heating by approximately 50% compared to electric resistance heating such as furnaces and baseboard heaters.
High-efficiency heat pumps also dehumidify better than standard central air conditioners, resulting in less energy usage and more cooling comfort during the summer months.
For homes without ducts, air-source heat pumps are also available in a ductless version called a mini-split heat pump.
Geothermal heat pumps achieve higher efficiencies by transferring heat between your house and the ground. They have low operating costs because they take advantage of relatively constant ground temperatures. Geothermal heat pumps can reduce energy usage by up to 70%.
Care and Maintenance for Heat Pumps
Just like any heating unit, regular and proper maintenance will help a heat pump run most efficiently for years to come. Here are a few care and maintenance tips for heat pumps we recommend every homeowner familiarize themselves with and perform between service calls.
- Replace air filters. Air filters are designed to get dirty. Their job is to filter out all of the dust and debris from the air, so it doesn’t blow around your home or into your lungs. Filters in a heat pump unit can be changed up to once per month. You will need to change them more frequently if you have pets present in the home or if someone in your home struggles with allergies. The more often you replace the filters, the cleaner your home’s air.
- Clear debris from around the outside unit. Leaves, sticks, and overgrown bushes can all block air flow through the outdoor unit, lowering efficiency and raising the chance of something going wrong. To prevent accidental jams and/or reduced air flow, make sure there is always at least a 2 foot clearance around the unit from any outdoor debris.
- Checkout outdoor unit regularly in winter months. Ice and snow buildup around the unit are also concerns in the winter. Throughout the snowy months, perform regular checks on your unit to make sure ice and snow aren’t damaging the coils and/or fan and that there is sufficient air flow through the unit.
- Keep outdoor coils clean. Dirt, debris, and ice can reduce the efficiency of the coils. It’s important to keep these as clean as possible and always check up on them after a storm or windy day. Gently clear the coils of any debris. Never use sharp objects to clear ice from the coils as this could damage the coils or cause harm to you.
- Keep temperature steady and within a normal range. Setting a regular temperature in the home will prevent your unit from working hard and wearing out parts faster. Fluctuating temperatures, especially drastic changes, can cause the unit to work longer and harder, which can overheat the unit and/or wear out certain parts much more quickly than keeping your home at a set temperature.
- Call a professional once per year for service check. A professional service check once per year can ensure that your unit lasts for decades. Not only will a professional clean and service your unit, but they will also check for potential problems and address them before they become major issues.